Employment: 12 months with current employer or previous employment in same field of work.
Credit History: At least 4 accounts established for 1 year in good standing. If derogatory credit history within the last 24 months (excluding medical collections) is in excess of $100 an increased deposit -OR- cosigner may be requested, recommendation will be dependent on level of income and length of rental history.
Income: 3 times the rental amount (only garnishable income considered). If income is less than 3 times, but more than 2.5 times the rental amount then an increased deposit may be requested. Income that is less than 2.5 times the rental amount may require a qualified cosigner. Final recommendation will be dependent on level of income, length of rental history and credit history.
Rental History: 12 months valid, verifiable rental history. If rental history is less than 12 months then an increased deposit -OR- cosigner may be requested, recommendation will be dependent on credit history, level of income and length of employment. Rental reference may not be accepted from family or friends.
International Applicants and Applicants New to The Country: International applicants may be required to pay an increased deposit. Proof of visa will be required for valid verification. Applicants that are new to the country will be required to pay an increased deposit. Proof of income source or new job will be required.
Cosigner Qualifications Criteria: A cosigner will be APPROVED if all the qualifications below are met. If the cosigner does not meet any one of the following criteria, then the cosigner will not qualify:
- RENTAL HISTORY: 1 year of valid and verifiable rental or mortgage history with no late payments
- CREDIT HISTORY: At least 4 accounts in good standing with less than $100 in derogatory accounts
- EMPLOYMENT: 6-12 months with current employer or previous employment in same field of work
- INCOME: 4 times the rental amount of the unit in verifiable, garnishable income
Grounds for Denial:
- Verified eviction showing on credit report, public record or confirmed with landlord
- Rental collections that are unpaid or verified on credit report
- Balance owing to landlord
- 3 or more late payments and/or NSF checks within a 12-month rental period
- Falsification of rental application
- Breaking lease agreement that will result in collection filing
Verified name and date of birth match of criminal conviction as follows:
- A felony criminal conviction which has taken place in the last 7 years may be denied.
- A non-felony criminal conviction which has taken place in the last 7 years may be conditionally approved.
- If a non-felony criminal conviction was of a physical or violent nature against either person or property; or included manufacturing or distribution of drugs, the application shall be denied.
- If a one-time criminal offense took place more than 7 years ago, or if the person has been out of jail for more than 5 years and has met the above outlined credit and rental history criteria then they may be conditionally approved unless the crime was of a physical or violent nature or included manufacturing or distribution of drugs.
- Any criminal conviction which results in a registered sex offender requirement and/or any sex offender registry requirement.
- A criminal records search will be performed. All criminal charges must be disclosed on the rental application.
- Valid government photo identification will be required of all applicants.